Monday, November 23, 2009

take off eh - spanning Canadian water part 3

An update from last months post...."bridges eh - spanning canadian waters part 2"
The CMLC (Calgary Municipal Land Corporation) with public consultation
has selected 3 of the 37 original proposals to move into next stage of development.

out of the 37 submissions 2 of my top 5 made the CMLC's shortlist of 3.
and the bridges are....

my pick to win
submission #29
RFR (Paris, France) and Halsall (Calgary)
This design appears to grow from the banks of the river, skipping across the surface effortlessly from shore to shore.






Submission #15
my second choice
ARUP with Falco Schmitt Architects (London, UK)







Submission #17
Buckland and Taylor LTD. (Vancouver) and Kitchell Architecture and Design (Victoria BC)






Congratulations to Victoria's
kitchell - architecture + design for making the top 3

last months post here


2 comments:

  1. Great post, thanks for following this for everyone - I guess you've got pretty good taste since 2 of your top 5 made it in!

    PS - I love the Bob and Doug Mackenzie reference, nicely done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. number 1 gets my vote too

    ReplyDelete