Friday, March 6, 2009

Unjust Acts to Urban Vegetation

Warning - Some of these images may be unsuitable for avid horticulturalists.
Urban trees and vegetation are faced with many obstacles during their lifetime. We put them in less than agreeable situations and expect them to thrive. They tirelessly and without appreciation clean our air, reduce the urban air temperature and offer us improved emotional and psychological health.
This post is dedicated to the persistent nature of plant material in the urban habitat.
































7 comments:

  1. I feel sadness and tension...great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a collection of that type of pictures .... than I stop taking them....... to feel less useless and focus on the good side of humanity .... unfortunately what human do with trees head they also do it with human's brain .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is a tragedy I discovered on a San Francisco street.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/peebot/2822090201/in/set-72157607025241328/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sad, when you see them altogether it looks like there's a serial killer on the loose - it's like murder scenes. Very eye-opening, and your warning is quite witty too

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just realized, my parents yard should be included!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree - I am not a horticulturalist and I am in shock - really really sad !

    I guess often people forgets that Nature is alive. You will never chop limbs of a person so why you cut the limbs of a tree.

    ReplyDelete